We want you to be aware of a phone scam that is targeting utility customers.
- Phone scammers posing as your utility provider call and insist you are delinquent on your bill
- Some common scam tactics include:
- Threatening to turn off your power
- Rigging caller ID to make it look like the call is from your utility provider
- Telling you to put the money on a prepaid debit card and asking for the card number
- Don’t believe it
- Do not pay over the phone if immediate payment is demanded to avoid a disconnection
What You Should Do
Here’s what to do if the call seems suspicious:
- Hang up
- Contact our office at (800) 248-8413 or email Henry County REMC Fraud Alert
- Call the police
Rest assured that Henry County Rural Electric Membership Corporation (HCREMC) is looking out for our member-consumers.