November 16, 2020
HCREMC Drive Through Remains Open and Office Lobby is Closed
With a rise of COVID-19 cases in the community, the HCREMC lobby remains closed. However, please know that our drive through is still open and if a member-consumer needs to conduct business in-person, we are available by appointment only. Member-consumers are also encouraged to call 800.248.8413 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions. Our office hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays. We are here for you!
August 24, 2020
HCREMC Suspends Disconnect Schedule
Beginning Aug. 14, Indiana utilities were able to begin disconnecting power to customers who have not paid their electric bills. Your REMC understands that many members are still struggling to get back on their feet. For this reason, we are giving an additional month - from the Aug. 14 date - for members to make payments or arrangements. Members with past due balances will be subject to disconnect beginning Wednesday, Sept. 16.
To avoid being disconnected on Sept. 16, you must take action in one of the following ways:
- Option 1 - Pay your entire past due balance BEFORE Sept, 16.
- Option 2 - Call our office to set up a payment arrangement that fits your budget and circumstances.
- Option 3 - Switch to a Prepaid Electric Service account.
We will do our best to provide options that work for your unique situation. However, you must contact us BEFORE Sept. 16.
August 14, 2020
The State's Moratorium Ended
The state's moratorium ended Aug. 14, 2020. We are making preparations to schedule disconnects. We want to help our members the best we can. Please call us at 800.248.8413 or email email@example.com if you have fallen behind on paying your electric bill. Ask about our payment options.
August 6, 2020
Drive Through Window Opens
The HCREMC drive through re-opens from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our lobby remains closed to the public, however if you need to conduct business in the office, please call 1-800-248-8413 to schedule an appointment.
August 5, 2020
Office and Drive Through Window CLOSED
In an abundance of caution, due to possible exposure of COVID-19, the HCREMC office will be closed today (Aug. 5) while taking precautions to keep our employees safe.
Please use our website for most member service needs or call us at 800.248.8413. Our night dropbox and online bill pay option is available 24/7. HCREMC employees will be working from home to help meet member needs. Thank you.
June 15, 2020
Hours Extend for Drive Through Window
Beginning June 15, the HCREMC drive through will open from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our lobby remains closed to the public, however if you need to conduct business in the office, please call 1-800-248-8413 to schedule an appointment.
June 1, 2020
Drive Through Opens
Beginning June 1, the HCREMC drive through will open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday. Our lobby remains closed to the public, however if you need to conduct business in the office, please call 1-800-248-8413 to schedule an appointment.
May 22, 2020
Extension of Utility Disconnect Order
On May 21, Gov. Holcomb announced executive order 20-28, which extends the utility disconnect order through the end of June. The order includes a request for utilities to offer reasonable payment plans for past due accounts during COVID-19. HCREMC will not assess late fee penalties for May and June 2020 electric bills. Please continue to make payments towards your bill, even if it is a partial payment. This will help you avoid accumulating a large past due balance. To avoid future disconnect, please contact us to make arrangements.
In addition, the HCREMC office continues to remain closed to the public. We are available by appointment only, however. Please call 1-800-248-8413 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to schedule an appointment.
May 16, 2020
Our COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Plan
PREPARING FOR THE NEXT PHASE
Please read this important message from HCREMC
We continue to do our part in the fight against the spread of COVID-19. In efforts to incorporate our community’s direction to take the “Not So Fast” approach and move slowly to re-open, your HCREMC is now offering in-person visits to the office by appointment only. If you need to meet in-person, you may call 800.248.8413 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment during regular business hours.
In the coming weeks, we will post updates to our plan for re-opening as we carefully monitor information concerning COVID-19. We appreciate your patience through this process as we continue to work for you!
March 13, 2020
Our COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Plan
OFFICE CLOSED TO PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
The safety and well-being of our membership and employees is very important to us. As part of that commitment, we are limiting the risk of the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19). We are focused on maintaining a healthy workforce and keeping our personnel available so that we can continue to provide the electric service you expect from us. As of right now, no employee has contracted or been exposed to the virus. It is important that our employees remain healthy to keep the lights on and provide great service to you.
For this reason, the following actions are being taken.
- Our office is currently closed to the public until further notice. This includes HCREMC community room activities as well. We have been carefully monitoring information regarding ‘stay at home’ guidelines and orders and will communicate to our membership any changes to our current plan. Please rest assured we are still working for you. Members are asked to visit our website at hcremc.com for most member-consumer needs. You may also call our toll-free number at 800.248.8413 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We encourage members to take advantage of our online account management service called SmartHub. This feature allows you to manage your account, view usage information, pay your bill, report an outage and more. If you haven’t done so already, visit our website or download the “SmartHub” app on your mobile device and follow the prompts to set up an online account. Be sure to have your REMC account number ready. Your account number can be found on your electric bill.
- Members may feel free to put payments in our nightly drop box. No cash payments, please. These payments will be processed daily, Monday through Friday during regular business hours. Our night drop box is found next to the drive-through window at our facility.
Members with a good phone number on file with the REMC have already received prerecorded updates by phone.
HCREMC has implemented text message communication. Member-consumers with a current cell phone number on file can now receive important news or alerts from the REMC.
- Effective immediately, until further notice, HCREMC will not disconnect member-consumers for non-payment during the COVID-19 Pandemic. In addition, we will not charge penalty to accounts that are behind on payments. Many of our member-consumers may face financial uncertainty due to the pandemic and we will do everything we can to help. We will be as flexible as possible to provide a grace period for paying unpaid balances. This is our commitment to our members and our community. We encourage you to call us at 800.248.8413 and leave a message with our 24-hour answering service if you are faced with financial strain. One of our customer service representatives will return your call Monday through Friday during regular business hours and work with you to make arrangements.
As we monitor information on the pandemic, we will communicate any changes to this plan.
We ask our membership to be patient with us as we continue to serve you during this time. Some services may take more time than usual.