Thank you for taking the time to view our current employment opportunities. Henry County REMC (HCREMC) is proud of their employees and considers them one of the cooperative’s most valuable assets. Employment opportunities at HCREMC run sporadically and will be updated only as a position is available.
Postings are updated only on an as-needed basis. Please be aware that a candidate for a posted position may be in the process of being considered for employment; until that position is officially filled, it will be listed here. When an open position is filled, it will be removed from the job listings.
We offer a meaningful work environment, career development, competitive pay and benefits. HCREMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Located in New Castle, IN, HCREMC is a not-for-profit member-owned cooperative focused on providing reliable, safe and cost-competitive electrical service to enhance the lives of our members and the communities we serve. Our co-op services Henry and parts of Fayette, Rush, Madison, Hancock, Delaware, Randolph and Wayne.
As a not-for-profit, we do things a bit differently – and that’s the point. Because we aren’t influenced by shareholders, we make our decisions with our members in mind. That means we value things like teamwork and putting families first. It also means a business model that’s designed for stability and growth. It’s a Deliberately Different approach to the energy industry and that’s great news for the people who count on us.
Journeyman Lineworkers provide the services needed for construction, operation and maintenance or the electrical distribution system. They perform all types of work involved in the installation, maintenance, operation, removal, rearrangement, and inspection of energized facilities, under general supervision.
What You’ll Do
Perform all types of work involved in the installation, maintenance, operation, removal, rearrangement, and inspection of energized facilities.
Comply with safety rules, operational regulations and practices and report unsafe conditions.
Establish and maintain quality customer service by providing information about scheduling, delays in work completion, field concerns and similar issues.
Operate line switches, locate and repair faults, re-fuse line and transformer cutouts, change line and transformer taps, and phase out parallel circuits.
Must be thoroughly familiar with electric distribution layouts, feeds and circuits, operations of sectionalizing equipment, regulators, by-pass switching and current CREMC construction specifications.
Work consists of all phases or rural line construction, patrolling of lines, clearing of right-of-way, hot line work with hot line tools, checking load balance and voltage and operating equipment in substations including switching of transmission and distribution feeds.
Responsible for constructing and maintaining de-energized or energized distribution or transmission lines, substations and transformer banks with or without supervision
Operate station protective devices and equipment
Make Energized cutovers from old poles and equipment to new or temporary installations of a similar nature
Install and maintain residential, commercial, and industrial facilities, both overhead and underground
Use cable-locating and fault finding tools and equipment on underground installations
Direct the work of others assigned to work with him/her, and train employees of lower grade. Assist employees of equal or higher classification.
Promote an environment that encourages team building by being cooperative and courteous, and assisting other employees with the completion of their responsibilities.
Respond to customer, regulatory or management inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
A thorough understanding of line construction, engineering standards, safe work practices and procedures, system mapping and operation is required. A working knowledge of customer service policies and procedures, budgeting and personnel management is desired.
*The complete job description in available on our website, www.hcremc.com, under the Careers link.
We have a few requirements for joining our team:
- Must have successfully completed all requirements to become a journeyman lineworker through Hoosier Energy Apprentice Training School (HEATS) or other verifiable journeyman lineworker training school.
- Must have and maintain a valid Indiana Class A CDL
- Must be trainable in CPR and First Aid
- Must have physical strength and stamina to perform duties required to lift heavy objects, assist in construction, climbing and digging.
- Must live within 20 miles (or be willing to relocate) of our Headquarters in New Castle, IN
- Must pass drug test and background check
- This position is subject to random drug testing in compliance with DOT regulations.
What’s In It For You
- Work Schedule – Our normal operational hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. **Journeyman Lineworker participate in an on-call rotation and may be called in to work during outages and emergencies.
- Health Insurance – We offer medical, dental and vision to the employee at no cost. We extend coverage to your spouse, children, or both under our family plan at a highly discounted rate.
- Pension Plan and 401(k) – The company provides a pension plan at no cost to the employee and matches up to 3% of the employee’s 401(k) contributions.
- Early retirement option for employees who have worked for the company for 20 years and reach age 59 ½.
- Group Life – The company provides a benefit of 2x the employee’s annual salary at no cost. Supplemental insurance is also available for purchase.
- Paid Time Off – After 6 months of employment, the employee is granted PTO a prorated rate for the remainder of months in the calendar year. PTO is awarded, based on length of service, each January after one full year of service.
- Holidays – We are Closed for Business on 11 holidays throughout the year – including New Year’s Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving and the day after, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve.
- We think we have a lot to offer! Some other benefits include safety glasses, uniforms, tool allowance and education assistance.
How to Apply
Please send your Letter of Interest and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.