Board of Directors
Being an electric cooperative member offers a unique opportunity to be part of the decision-making process in this business. Because HCREMC is a cooperative, it is owned by its members. That means members are responsible for electing other members to take leadership positions on the board of directors to help shape business decisions for the company.
Our service territory is split into nine districts with one member-director representing each district. See map below for district territories. If you have questions about your district territory, please call 800.248.8413 or email email@example.com.
Each year, three HCREMC board seats are open for election. Due to unexpected circumstances, an additional board seat was added to the 2021 director's election to finish out an existing three-year term. Below is a listing of the 2021 board seats open for election.
- District 1 consists of Fall Creek Township in Henry Co., Salem Township in Delaware Co. and Union and Adams Township in Madison Co.
- District 4 consists of Stony Creek, Prairie and Jefferson Townships in Henry Co., Union Township in Randolph Co. and Monroe and Perry Townships in Delaware Co.
- District 8 consists of Franklin, Greensboro, Henry and Spiceland townships in Henry Co. and Washington Township in Rush Co.
- NOTE: The candidate elected to this district will serve on the board one year to complete the remainder of the current three-year term. The candidate must then run in the 2022 director election to serve an additional three-year term.
- District 9 consists of Dudley Township in Henry Co., Fairview, Harrison and Posey townships in Fayette Co. and Jackson and Washington townships in Wayne Co.
2021 Director's Election Information:
Results are in! Congratulations to the winning candidates.
On Sept. 28, ballots will be mailed to ALL members to ratify the election, review REMC business information and RSVP for the
online HCREMC Annual Meeting Facebook LIVE event.
Election results will be announced during a LIVE Facebook event on Oct. 8 at 5 p.m. Please watch your mailbox, our social media pages and our website for more information.