HCREMC offers a one-time $5,000 scholarship award to a non-traditional adult student who is heading to college for the first time, or returning to complete an interrupted education. Non-traditional students fall outside the preconceived norms for college-bound students. There are many paths to higher education, and they do not all conform to the same map. The HCREMC Operation Round-Up board is excited to support our member/students who are continuing their education.
Student eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Open to adult students who are headed to college for the first time, or are returning to complete an interrupted education.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited vocational school, or a two-year or four-year college.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or HSE/TASC certification.
- Applicant must be between the ages of 25-55 and must be a member of the HCREMC.
- Applicant cannot be the son, daughter or grandchild of an existing employee or director of the HCREMC or the HCREMC Operation Round-Up Board.
The 2018 application deadline has passed. Check back in January 2019 for information about this program.